Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ripple Done!


One thing I have learned, although it's a lesson that I try to deny - a week of intensive study with no escape, lasting for around ten hours a day including lots of driving, does not make for easy crochet time...or indeed for anything but taking notes and travelling.  Thoughts of sneaking projects in under the radar can be rejected when the lecture theatre is full of about 140 other people, and especially when the project in progress is a blanket at border stage (and I made that up myself, too.  I admire those who flatten the ends to create a full rectangle, but that's not for me.  I think the ripple effect throughout is the charm).

Weariness at the end of the day also does not make for effective border completion time.  However, it's beautiful and bright now, and only awaiting the birth of my niece in about seven weeks' time.  I also have a full range of the colours still remaining, having convinced myself that two balls of each colour would be needed.  Funnily enough, just one was required for all shades except the Ivory Pearl.  I'm quite tempted to replicate the whole project again.  Working with the Stylecraft WonderSoft Pearl was just lovely, and the end result is a substantial but not too warm blanket.

I hope the little one likes the final result - and that her mother (my sister) does too!





No comments:

Post a Comment